Wednesday, August 27, 2008

bacthopintzart

i've been listening to classical music today...

why is it that it makes me more emotional and even anxious? i thought it was supposed to be more like a relaxation-inducing thing.

4 comments:

Joshua said...

Haha. When a buddy of mine committed suicide, I listened to some Bach to pull the crying out of me. It was certainly better out than in. But that's me. :P

Joshua said...

Oh. I believe the track's name is (after looking it up online, since I lost my case): "Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme", Chorale, BWV 645. His Toccata and Fugue in D minor, BWV 565 is one of my favorite pieces of music--but not for crying, though. Haha. I have a certain, positive affection for the pipe organ.

:)

Tats! said...

i am very bad at this emotion out thing. i am probably too insecure to let myself show that i am upset...

whenever something bad happens, there is like a black-hole in my mind which sucks the content up and dry. which is kind of good in a way, but bad in a sense that i won't even feel happy after a while. oh well.

Joshua said...

Well it's not like everybody saw me. I did it in my room with the door closed. =P

My buddy (the one I just mentioned, we shall call him James [since that was his name]) was like that. Pretended not care at all, happy or otherwise. I went to Florida (from South Carolina) a few months before he ventilated himself and paid him a visit, along with a couple other of my old high school friends. I greeted him at his door and gave him a hug. *I* hugged, he stood there. Like hugging a squishy statue (he was well over 400 pounds, which had much to do with his insecurity). Tried to explain to me how it helped him to kill off his emotions. "Liar", was one the words that came to my mind. Robots don't get depressed (in reality, not science fiction).

You are human, Tats. We all react a little differently. But we are human, not Vulcan. Jesus wept. Then again, if you don't believe in Jesus, that wasn't much of an argument for you. =P Haha.

squander