Friday, January 23, 2009

thoughts about reading

Why do we read books?

I personally find books like "10ways to improve your life" seriousely "bloody boring", as I wrote honestly in my english literature poetry essay.

don't tell me what to do, kind of thing.
because i know i realise i am kind of failing at it, and most of the things they say are bloody obvious anyway.
I like to read books that are somewhat vague in meaning, well, poetry included, but books are better because you don't need to actually analyse them. it comes somewhat more naturally, to me.

I feel its similar to looking at the mirror,
in the sense that we are having a peek inside our own minds as we read a particular book.

because its pretty difficult to know what we look like phisically, we have a thing called a mirror.
its pretty difficult to see what we think about mentally, we read books. some write books for a better understanding of their own mind.
perhaps when i get old, i'll be repulsed by my own reflection of my mind
I came to this conclusion because when i have a habit of writing down things I recently thought about, (mainly to here), I started to realise that things that speak itself out from a book, are things which are already in the corner of my mind.

I was pretty shocked to read "After dark" when it had some referance of memory being a fuel to live on, which was something I thought about quite a while ago.

(i just looked back, it said "hopes, dreams, and joys of my younger days" as a fuel to "re-fuel" when "we're tired". close enough)

anyway, those things, that come jumping out of books and I go "woah", basically they're all my reserved thoughts that's locked in old cupboards or left untouched inbetween the sofa and the wall, of the little dusty room that is my mind.

so whenever i find any book boring, I must be boring. so far, i've managed to think all the books (except ofcourse the self-help books.) pretty interesting so i guess im still okay.
i want to burn them. i see them all the time in the bookstore
but its kind of funny how when i go to a bookstore, i somehow take that self-help books and glance thru it. (and think, "boring", or "obvious?")
maybe i think i need help

-------------------------------------------

5 more posts to 200posts on this blog. I scare myself sometimes. who writes on blogs so much?
perhaps i have nobody to talk to apart from "dear diary"

-------------------------------------------
4173

5 comments:

AmeliaLove said...

Tats, i now think your shoulders have a nice, sexy, tan. :P

Now change my link, won't you? :D

And umm.. i think i blog just as much as you do. No worries. :)

Oh dear, if you don't like reading, then you'll just have to practise Econs 4! I hate reading too. xD

Tats! said...

>>Amelia
haha. ok.

you have 195 entries? god you must go see mental doctor la

I like reading. it bepends on the material lor. unit4 econs one of them lor.

miss-mardigras said...

i have about 400 =|

Tats! said...

>>Miss-Mardigras

but sister, you've been blogging for 3 years! i haven't even had my blog-birthday yet!

Joshua said...

i want to burn them.
Hahaha. I think that about a lot of things. Weeeee. :D

squander