some stuff i wrote in today's literature exam:
- poetry transcends race, culture, gender and perhaps even planets, because...
- the message Blake is trying to send is clear. If we were to paraphrase in a modern language, it would be "We're in deep shit. time to work something out"
- the persona takes the tone of a pleading one, (similar to that of how a wife would ask her husband how she would like a new ring, or a car. Failing that, she may go on to use Blake's method in "London" which is unrelenting and cruel.)
- the monosyllabic thumping of the poetic rhythm makes us feel that we're very close to the child, almost as if we are putting our ears onto the mother's womb to find the child rapping to the beat of its mother's heartbeats.
- I mean, have you read one of those 'self-help' books thats being placed in the book-stores? they are bloody boring. I learnt nothing from it, honestly speaking. on the other hand, poetry....
i am itching to know how I'd get graded for these.
3950
7 comments:
when will your results be out?
keep me updated! lol.
>>zhesickcar
not sure... will make sure i'll update when it does, though.
Shame you couldn't think of anything equally amusing for Translations. :D
>>Alien_Child
Aye. its a shame... im trying to figure out what to say, for Frankenstein...
*ponders*
I'm sure you can come up with something.
When all else fails, there's always homosexual allusions to be made :D
you'll probably get extra marks for being entertaining XD
>>Lili
I shall hope so... I shall hope the examiner is not a feministic lady who would condemn my views about how wives would pursuade their husbund using several different tones.
Post a Comment