sometimes, seemingly useless things may have a use to it, given some specific situations.
I am a master of wasting time on useless things.
2 days before Christmas eve, i was waiting for my food to come, at a restaurant.
so, seeing the perfect opportunity to waste time, i did so by making threads of paper using paper napkins. what i do is i make 3 threads, and knit them together to make one tough string. its mentally pleasing.
but the thing is, the food came faster than i expected, and i was forced to stop the string-making. i was left with 3 complete threads so i stuffed them into my wallet.
2 days afterward, i was at Dexter's house for Christmas eve party. (thanks dexter, its my first time i spent some special day in someone else's house. best Christmas ever.)
and they were trying to light a candle, which its wick was burnt out so it was difficult to light.
so i remembered that i had something that could be used as a candle wick. my paper napkin threads.
they worked perfectly. (although dexter's relatives thought i was pretty weird, for conveniently carrying candle-wicks around.)
what im trying to say is, that sometimes seemingly useless things may have some use to it. or is it just me being weirdly lucky?
People whom used to blog, now people whom I hope are doing well.
- Alex Kua. almost died and came back to life - like a phoenix.
- Amani. and her D: faces.
- Amelia Chan. still a happy sunshine person
- Amelia Foong.
- Amelia Lak.
- Dexter. supports my evil plans.
- Edword Soo. Hard hands, soft heart.
- Evangeline. She gets medicine jokes!
- Fu Xuan. Lazy bugger.
- Germaine. strangely open. Jason is scared.
- Grace. the ultimate guy-girl friend to her close friends.
- He Hui. Now not so loud anymore.
- Isabelle. Has anyone seen her frown? anyone?
- Jason C. his words are overflows of his thoughts, more then emotions.
- Jessica. her stuff goes for vacation.
- Kenny. Specialises in handling balls. I know his real name.
- Lili. Who has a door now.
- Mr.Lawrence. can lose weight very well.
- Paik Hwa. And Her Alter Ego.
- Pia. who needs a new (nice) nickname
- Shannon. Theorised that Atlantic is actually floating in air.
- Suet wei. Now officially a Lawyer.
- my Japanese Blog about health and stuff
- my Japanese blog about life
- Tatsuki's study blog
past
-
▼
2009
(104)
-
▼
January
(19)
- bang, and it comes into existance
- someone told me that goodbye wasn't quite emotiona...
- over.
- sit for
- thoughts about reading
- as love breeze past people
- myriad
- my opinion about friends and change
- here's to the examiner 2
- me and my cool mum
- me and my cool mum
- the point of being pointless
- heres to the examiners.
- visiting and revisiting
- mirror, o mirror.
- Mr. Anderson.
- innocence can be a rare thing
- use...less?
- double layer'd conscience
-
▼
January
(19)
Friday, January 2, 2009
use...less?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I think it's just you being weirdly lucky!!!! But isn't it cool all the same? It's like the universe conspired to help you get those...err...candle wicks in your wallet ;)
>>Amelia
its cool. its a good thing those paper threads i have put a little of my life into, have a purpose in their lives instead of just being thrown in the dust-pan.
well, if they were thrown in the dust-pan, they might be recycled and reused, but to you just had to burn them to ashes and stop their cycle of life there and then...
but yes, on that note, you should get out more often. you're deprived of entertainment my friend.
Yeah.
That was such an awesome story!
Do one of those for me! And btw, you still owe me a ninja star. :P
>>Blurster
need to go out more huh.
well what can i say, having strict parents... you know how i feel right.
>>Amelia
you want a wick?
Haha. I think that applies to one of my experiences. In high school, I was on a Jeopardy type thing team. During practice, one afternoon, the question...answer came up: These are all the Roman numerals. I pressed the buzzer. And got it right. Which was nice for once, because I knew the least trivia on the team. Anyway, I thought to myself, "Hey...what's the sum of these numbers?" So, I added them up instead of paying attention to the next question. "1666", I thought to myself, happy at my accomplishment. Next question...I mean answer: This is the sum of all the Roman numerals. Everybody rushed for their pencils. I pressed the buzzer. "What is one thousand six hundred sixty-six," I said, half confidently. It was surreal, you know. All eyes were on me. Like I just solved the ultimate question. Really, the air was still. Difficult question? No. Not even slightly. But the fact that it came that quickly--and came from me (two in one game was definitely a highlight of my time on that team)--and coming from me (wait, I already said that) just made it that...startling.
Post a Comment