Monday, June 9, 2008

Norwegian Wood

I just finished the book Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami

in Japanese though.

It was a good read. it was.

its truly a Japanese novel, I can see it just from the amount of people who commits suicide in it.

3.

I think the main reasons why this book was a good read, was because of its charactors, and just the genous structure of the writing itself.
each charactors are unique, have qualities that induces your interest in them.

we have a girl with crazy sexual imaginations, a genious who has no empathy and sleeps with anyone who he sets eye on, a lady in her 40s who was raped by a 13year old, a guy who wanks to a picture of Suez Canal, a Psychologist who is more crazy than his patients, people who seem to be very much lively, and dead the next thing you know.

the genious of the writing, i cannot elaborate because its probably something that I cannot really understand HOW he does it, but we just KNOW by us being hooked on by it. well, if I could say something, its length of elabolation of events is just precise that we never get bored, or get too less of it.

I would pay to read the english version. (I got my Japanese copy at library, for 50cents/2 week)

3 comments:

Amelia said...

go buy it at mph! my sister read kafka on the shore and she said it was fantastic too

Tats! said...

I dunno any MPH ner me :( only Kinokuniya...
I'm planning to read that too. hopefully the translation is good...

Tats! said...

>>alien child
oh you read it? can I buy the book off you?
yes, 13yrold drop-dead pretty girl.

squander