Thursday, June 26, 2008

neutral

i was talking with dexter and some of my college people yesterday.

our senior (but my junior) nisha said "Its very difficult to eat alone"
she claims that its very unnerving to eat alone at a restaurant.

I find that I am o.k. with let alone eating alone, but solitude in general.
solitude for me, is a kind of a neutral state.
But ofcourse being with friends is much better than being alone.

I just feel that when I am alone, there are also some advantages that I can enjoy, for example i do not have to "read the atmosphere" and thus being by my self is not a bad... situation for me.
so i don't hesitate to eat alone (which i do quite often in school), go to karaoke alone (it actually feels nice to be able to sing witout waiting), or drink alcohol alone (no, not a lot, im not an alcoholic)

Dexter says I'm a sad sad person by sounding like i don't have friends, and I'm like Switzerland being "neutral". (and he added that nonody likes swiss)

Its o.k. to be alone sometimes, dexter.

However, I do not mean in this post that I am some kind of a social retard (which I have to admit, I am to some extent) that i like solitude, but I just mean, that I do not hate being alone.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

I find nothing wrong with eating alone. i actually prefer it sometimes.

squander