Sunday, June 22, 2008

dream diary 7

so I had this dream, about heaven and hell.

I was sleeping on my bed, well, just lying there to be precise, because I was conscious that I was on my bed

(but to be more technical, i was not conscious because this was a dream. but if i have a recognition of situation while i am asleep, does that qualify as me being conscious? it is debatable, but first we'll have to discuss what exactly is consciousness.)

and than a stereotypical demon appears.

"I'll show you hell." said the demon.

so he took my arm, and I fell(my vision just went murky and I lost gravity).
and there I was, in hell.

It was hot in a way that the warmth and the humidity sticks onto your skin surface, diffuse into your pores and make your skin feel as if it would rot, as if if you touch the skin, it would just slop off and show your disintegrating flesh, that sort of hot.
the place smelled like sulphur and rotting carcass.

the place was red. There were no ceiling, as just vast emptiness filled upwards (It didin't look like space, it looked like nothing as in not a thing is there)

but the most horrifying, were the state of the inhabitants there.
their arms were mutilated in a way that it is abnormally long. it was approximately 2meters long, dangling on the floor like a twig, and for some reason (which i would know why later) their mouth were burnt and blistered.

there were food on the floor. like, ordinary food.
"they turn to fire when it leaves your touch" said the demon.

and so it did. the people could grab hold of the food using their chopsticks and cutleries they were holding, but because of their elongated arms, they couldn't eat it. they would try and fling the food up and eat it or just kneel and attemppt to devour the food, but it turned to scalding ball of fire and they would get another new blister on their mouth.

it was hell, really. people had expressions i have never seen, like that of something that is on the verge of dying, out of hunger and irritation.

the demon seemed like he couldn't contain his amusement, and chucked as if this were a jocular tease.

he than turned to me and said, "now I'll show you heaven"

and so he took me there.


heaven was infinitely more pleasent to be there than hell, but to my great confusion, the people there also had long arms.

do they have to suffer too in here too? i thought.

i was proved wrong though.

the people there had no blisters on their mouths, and they looked in peace.
what they did was, they would pick the food up, and feed it to people around them, whom would follow suit.




and I woke up. sometimes i feel like i learn from my dreams. But how exactly can I learn from my own mind? surely if something is in my dream it is already in my head. this is funny.


my writing is so prosaic it makes me sad, really.
someone should teach me how to write a more lucid and eloquent style of writing.

5 comments:

Amelia said...

I get the feeling that there is some infinitely wonderful message to be gleaned from this. How come your dreams are all so...monumental in meaning, whereas mine consist of...such trivial things :|

Tats! said...

>>amelia
this one was slightly more meaningful than others, i guess...
but most of the times i just dream something that I think its trying very hard not to make sense.

Tats! said...

i think i know why i have so vivid a dream, its because I have a slight social retadation, hence I compensate for my lack of social interaction with a more extensive suppliment of dreams.

if you want better dreams you can start by being anti-social. haha.

Joshua said...

This sounds like some flaky Buddhist proverb I read when I was 11. Except the people had long chopsticks instead of arms.

Joshua said...

if i have a recognition of situation while i am asleep, does that qualify as me being conscious?
Just words, man. I once had a dream where I was sitting a table with three other people. At once, this gorgeous girl started to walk by. I said to the people I was sitting with, "Want to know what's great about knowing when you're dreaming?" They stared at me in anticipation. I got up, caught, and kissed the girl. I woke up, licking my lips. Then, I woke up again. I guess that's "deep" consciousness. :P

squander