I'm not a man of many fears, but I do have fears.
one such fear is fear of cockroaches. I do not have Entomophobia, its just roaches that I loath and fear compared to other insects or any other living thing.
But my mother fears them more than death. she screams, trambles at a sight of one, and twitches at the utterance of the first syllibi of it.
so why do I fear them? perhaps its just that I have seen my mother having so much fear against it, hence my fear too.
But because when that cockroach, lets call him Mr.R, appears in our house, (which is rare, since we try to keep clean) I'm the one who has to deal with them, I'm getting used to it.
but still, sometimes I just get really really freaked out by them.
I've had Mr.R crawl up my sleeve (and into my shirt) before, that time, i could not scream or shout, I was just petrified, and I nearly died of heart attack.
Just now I had to deal with one Mr.R, who came out of nowhere to scare the living daylight of my mom, and I went and saw the biggest one in my entire life.
it was around 8cm long, if antennaes included, it would be 15cm or more.
I mean, just take out a ruler, and imagine one that big. I have a ruler right now, and I am sure it was that big.
The best way to deal with them is by using newspapers. those aerosol spray just angers them, does less harm than it does to any human i suppose. (that is how I invited Mr.R up my sleeve last time, by spraying him)
so I see Mr.R on the sofa, pensively rotating his antennas and moving slowly.
I flicked him onto the floor, careful not to put him on the carpet, Mr.R suddenly becoming very agile, rushing towards me. I flung up my rolled-up newspaper, and smacked hard onto Mr.R.
What I saw the next moment was even more horrifying than his presence alone,
he was split into two, but still moving very fast (towards me)
its really difficult to put it into words. the kind of horrer is very.... primal.
so i smashed the two Mr.Rs into bits, and I stepped on them via a sheet of newspaper. I can still feel the grainliness of his exoskeletons, and I am still having goose-bumps from it.
I can imagine like, small fragments of it moving in a micro-scale level and multiplying itself, eating into my skin and rotting my flesh.
Oh yeah, something to scar your mind.
try putting Mrs.R (carrying an egg) into an air-tight capsule. in some weeks, you will see millions of tiny mini-R's crawling in and out of the mother's body.
they eat anything.
People whom used to blog, now people whom I hope are doing well.
- Alex Kua. almost died and came back to life - like a phoenix.
- Amani. and her D: faces.
- Amelia Chan. still a happy sunshine person
- Amelia Foong.
- Amelia Lak.
- Dexter. supports my evil plans.
- Edword Soo. Hard hands, soft heart.
- Evangeline. She gets medicine jokes!
- Fu Xuan. Lazy bugger.
- Germaine. strangely open. Jason is scared.
- Grace. the ultimate guy-girl friend to her close friends.
- He Hui. Now not so loud anymore.
- Isabelle. Has anyone seen her frown? anyone?
- Jason C. his words are overflows of his thoughts, more then emotions.
- Jessica. her stuff goes for vacation.
- Kenny. Specialises in handling balls. I know his real name.
- Lili. Who has a door now.
- Mr.Lawrence. can lose weight very well.
- Paik Hwa. And Her Alter Ego.
- Pia. who needs a new (nice) nickname
- Shannon. Theorised that Atlantic is actually floating in air.
- Suet wei. Now officially a Lawyer.
- my Japanese Blog about health and stuff
- my Japanese blog about life
- Tatsuki's study blog
past
-
▼
2008
(173)
-
▼
May
(22)
- the same mosquito is biting me so many times.
- when I was young...
- Singapore
- turns out
- i spent my afternoon....
- dream dirrahoea4
- i spent my morning....
- dream diary 3
- dream diary 2
- life is unfair.
- physics
- wake up call
- dream diary
- i wonder
- question
- The KLCC elevator and Me.
- pictures
- quote of the day
- am i cynical?
- test
- My fear and such.
- escapism and such
-
▼
May
(22)
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
My fear and such.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hahahaha! :D
When I lived in Missouri, I saw the occasional cockroach. Nothing special; they didn't mean anything to me. Most of the time, I let them go about their life unimpeded. However, when I was fourteen and we moved in with my grandma (in Florida) for a short while, my perception of cockroaches changed. Florida cockroaches. Massive suckers. The creature you talked about was the average size of these pests, of which there were MANY. Plus rats. Grandma "raised" parrots and had a knack for leaving bags of food open all over the house. That had holes in it. And no insulation (if it did, the rats long took care of that). I slept in the car while we lived with her. And I killed a lot of roaches, otherwise. A lot. It changed me. Before, we lived in a mutual harmony; after, they were my sworn enemy. It took me a while to stop looking at them with hatred, you know. :P
Oh, to add to your story. Once, I was on the porch (in South Carolina) doing some push ups. Along comes a cockroach. With certain deftness, I grabbed a shoe laying next to me and gave it a perpetual crushing. Satisfied with a job well done, I went back to pushing up, bent on cleaning up the carcass when I was finished. Eight push ups later, I saw movement from the corner of my left eye. I turned my head to see the little creature push himself up (with his two working front legs) and clean off his antennas, one, then the other. When they were thoroughly groomed, he bolted away from me as fast as he could (which was still pretty fast, seeing that 66% of his mobility had been terminated [not counting his wings, which he didn't use]). I finished him off. Again. :P
Oh, I agree with you: I don't like the poison sprays, either.
Post a Comment