Saturday, May 17, 2008

The KLCC elevator and Me.

today i went to KLCC to watch Narnia(2).
I will leave the movie analysis to you intellectual people.




on the way home, I got into the lift in the middle of Suria KLCC, and reaached the floor that was one floor above of my destination.

there were 2 baby-carts in the lift, and they were to get out there.

but nobody is moving, so I said, "please, people are trying to get out. Can you guys please move out for a while?" (notice i said please 2 times, I do that a lot)

again, nobody moves. No, I am pretty sure I was loud enough. They looked at me.

so I was kind of forced to slightly push through as though i am going out, too, and held the door for the 2 baby-carts to go out as some passengers were forced (by me) to pop out of the lift.

I held the door as the 2 baby-carts go out, and for the people i have pushed out to go into the lift again, from the outside edge of the lift door.

than suddenly, the lift door closed, with my wrist locked in.

I expected that the lift door will open, but it didin't. It started to move upwards. I was actually pretty calm at that moment, since poeple around me were simply gazing at me, as if its something that happens all the time.

I managed to pull my hand in time, before the elevator chop my wrist off, but my expensive watch is deformed :( and my wrist is scratched.

the 2 ladies pushing the cart just looked at me. the passengers in the lift, well, I'm sure they saw my hand, but couldn't care less.





... I guess sometimes sometimes generousity is... "unasked of".

and now i know that KLCC lifts shouldn't be held open. their sensors don't work.

No comments:

squander