Tuesday, May 13, 2008

escapism and such

I thought about why,
why do people, or perhaps only I
(since I never asked anyone else save myself whether they)
prefer to do something other than studying, before exams.

Imagine a small room, a very comfortable one, with lots of attractive strings dangling from the ceiling. The strings are all different in size, colour, shape and all that, but equally apealing nevertheless. most of the strings are in your reach, and are waiting to be pulled.when confronting a thing like the exam, you are suddenly aware of a single string, which is "study".
Because you are now aware of that string, you realise how attractive are the other surrounding strings look now.
and you walk around the room, one of your hand touching the "study" string, but never pulling it, since the other hands are browsing, touching and feeling all the other strings that you can reach from where you are.
and you wonder;- Which one should I pull? and you wonder, think, contemplate, untill the end of the day.

its there, but you don't pull it.

pull it, pull it.

1 comment:

Joshua said...

If there were a bunch of strings hanging from my ceiling, I imagine I'd remove all of them. :P However, when I was younger (and occasionally still), I imagined the ceiling of my house being covered in a grid of steel bars so that I could swing around the house instead of walk. That's me, though. :)

squander