Tuesday, July 8, 2008

wasting time

I always feel that i am wasting my time, doing A-levels.
I really enjoy doing it, and I know that I like all my 3subjects.


however,

the fact is, A-level is an escape-hole from reality.

escaping from the fact that given my age, i should sought something for myself, and leap away from my parent's care.
A-level gives me an excuse, a method to kill time.
escaping from the fact that i cannot be choosy about universities or perhaps even my future, of medicine.
escaping monetary concerns of university fees studying medicine.

this is not what i am supposed to be doing now, and i know this. I am running away from reality.

I am not sure how long i can keep running.

3 comments:

Joshua said...

Hahahaha. Directly after high school, I was eating with my mom at a Chinese buffet entitled "King House". Something was probably lost in translation. At least the food was good. And the waitresses cute. As was the proprietor. But I digress. :P

Mom: (leans across the table slightly, toward Joshua) You know... High School is over.

Joshua: (unenthusiastically) Yeap.

Mom: (motherly concern) You know your dad's not going to let you just stay around the house without a job.

Joshua: (still unenthusiastic) Yeap.

Mom: (motherly ultimatum) So, you're either going to have to get a job or go to college.

Joshua: (attentive) Yeap.

My fortune cookie read: "Learn Chinese" and followed with the hanzi for sugar-glazed ham, or something. No, wait, that was the back side of the piece of paper. What did my fortune say?

I signed up for summer courses the next day. Haha. And dad still made me get a job. Hohoho. :)

Tats! said...

...so its like a double WIN right?

maybe your fortune cookie read
"YOU KILL TWO STONES WITH ONE BIRD"
...or something like that. there is always something lost in translation.

Joshua said...

A double win, eh? I believe I read in one of your posts last night about your uncertainly of the existence of such an entity. :P

'Eh. There's plenty of things lost in conversation as it is.

squander