Friday, July 4, 2008

.

everyone seems to be walking faster than me.

1 comment:

Joshua said...

Haha. When I was 10-14, my best friend walked (proportionally) particularly fast. It was most noticeable when he walked home from school. I loved spending the night with him on Fridays, because I got to walk to his house with him. You see, I rode the bus; and even at my house, I didn't walk to anyone's house for lack of friends in our vicinity. It was novel for me and I wanted to savor it. It was a chore for him, told most obviously by the haste with which he walked.

However, when we moved to Florida, I too--quickly--developed fast walking. You see, my class before lunch was on the third floor of the school building. The cafeteria was on the first (and only) floor of a completely different building. At my location, walking normally would net me the last place in line: a long wait for cold (and not particularly good in the first place) food.

The pace at which I walk became very apparent when, after graduating from high school and getting a part-time job at a hardware store, when showing a particularly tall 6'6" customer to some carpet at the back of the store, he had to jog to keep up with me.

My fast walking is a bane to my sister when we go grocery shopping. =P

squander