Wednesday, September 17, 2008

thoughts

you know, (i hate starting a blog with this phrase. it is so mundane)

you know, sometimes i get this urge to try something. like throwing a CD from my window (and this happened when i was holding my favourite Helloween CD...), setting fire to a matchBOX, bending a flourescent tube (it implodes), open every drawer of my room and laugh, etc etc.

a very recent one is "what if i threw a hair-drier into a tub of water with me in it?".

no i am not suicidal. (amd no not insecure, thankyouverymuch.)
that is why i cannot do it... at least with the malaysian 210v (is it?) mains.... maybe the japanese 110v could be less fatal, but hey, im not in japan.


its like, will i jump up? will i just cramp up? twitch twitch? or nothing?


oh yeah,

there is this thing called "electric bath" in japanese public bath near my house in jpn, and its kind of like a weak pulsating electricity going thru electrode on both end of a small compartment of bath.

when i sit there, i feel my muscles contracting, like i am being puppeted by a puppeteer (or feel like a muppet muppeted by a muppeteer) because my arms and legs get raised. when i put my head in, i get super-headaches, when i lie deep i get temporary cardiac arrest-ish kind of thing.

i think i know what would happen if i threw a hair-drier into a bathtub now. so i don't have to try it now. haha.
(i also hate ending with "haha" it makes me look like an idiot. but i am one, so haha.)

3 comments:

Joshua said...

Well, I know the higher the voltage, the more the electricity seems to repel you. I've several times stood on exposed wires barefoot (unintentionally) or grabbed the electrodes of a plug when pulling it from the wall (also unintentionally). These are odd sensations. It takes a moment to register that pain is actually happening. When it does, its starts very acute and very quickly accelerates to this ... "burning" sensation. Not burning like fire, though--burning like electricity. And, like I mentioned previously about grabbing an electric fence, it was much hotter, and burning much more accelerated, and it caused me to release my grip before I thought to release my grip.

I heard a story from another guy that was doing electrical work, and when he grabbed the hot wire, he couldn't let go, no matter how hard he tried.

An appliance in a tub of water? Got me. I'm not sure how the water would perceivably alter the experience. I don't recommend it though. I've been burnt enough. Haha. (That haha was for you, man. :P)

Tats! said...

why do you have electric wires all around you? either you're actually a very dangerous man who needs to be kept under control, or you are Megaman. (tium-tium-tium-tium!)

Joshua said...

Oh, these are experiences accumulated over the course of my 24-25 years of breathing on this planet. Although...I do still have electric wires all around me (as do you, I imagine). I'm not a dangerous man, but I have had my odd experiences. Not quite like your biking though Yakuza experience, but I have been in a rolling automobile. Like a roller coaster with no harness. Weeeeee.

"In the year 200x"

I think it's amusing that Megaman had a gun on the American box art.

squander