the mind is like a limitlessly expanding subway line.
it makes interconnecting lines around a station, which leads to another, and to another.
if i trace back why i decided to write this rant,
i first thought about, a deterioration of sorts. it is usually negative. break-down.
i thought, what kind of destruction may have a positive image?
than i went on to winter. spring comes just as the first ice in the colder regions melt, to form a stream. the ice deteriorates into water. i also thought of a breaking down of stereotype. by breaking down stereotypes, people may be able to start to understand each other.
just as how a melting ice tells beginning of spring.
than my thoughts jumped to associations of thoughts. we associate some things, with other things.
I may associate the mosque, to 6:00AM, as i hear the prayer. from 6:00AM i associate this with sleep. it is when i sleep during exams-period. exam period will spark yet more thoughts. how it feels to be awake when most of the people in 5000km radius, lets say, are sleeping.
and now my thoughts jumps back before exams. what was i like before this? i used to write some things on here, those things that doesn't exactly relate to my real life. or it relates more to my real life, depending on my definitions, and my definitions are somewhat fluid.
and so i let my thoughts run back to deterioration as i started writing this.
and i now have a new perception of thoughts. it is not merely a subway line. thoughts can take the subway, it could take the bus, it could walk, run, and it could fly off. thoughts can stay, or seemingly disappear. the thought, is like a world.
and according to my definition, each world is still separated from the others.
and now i am thinking is it ever possible to transverse the world. can we ever understand each other as much as we understand ourselves.
we seem to think we understand other worlds better than we really do, or less than we really do, or think that we think that we understand, but in the end we don't.
so what is thought?
thought?
and now i am thinking, i wonder if people reading this may think i am under influence of alcohol.
and now i am thinking, it is about time i stopped "ranting". i was never a talkative type.
10 comments:
Hahaha.
I just thought back.
A few years ago, I was working with my dad doing some iron work on a trash plant in Florida. I'd went to the supply trailer to get some things for the guys in the crew I was in. The dude in charge of it, "Whitey", was ranting as he was handing me the stuff. "Do you need a hug?" I asked him, comically. "I'll get me a kiss," he said, not as comically. "I like little boys."
Yikes.
i was never a talkative type.
But you sure seem to think a lot, which is essentially talking to yourself. Which really isn't that different, as far as I'm concerned. :) If a tree falls in the forest, and all that. Underwater. :P :)
haha. well. i hope you managed to escape his clutches.
i thought everyone talked this much amongst their mind(s).
Hahaha. Yeah, I got away. :P
It is probable.
Hey, quick question: When you do pushups, do you like to do them with your palms up, or down?
it depends on which muscle you'd want to use doesn't it? if its up, the biceps more than triceps, and it its down, vice versa. if you'd like to develop your pectoralis (breasts) than you'd want your hands far apart.
Hahaha. In my mind, I was joking. I was doing some pushups last night, which prompted the question. I seriously thought I was being silly, because I do not see a comfortable way to do a pushup with the palms up.
I just checked the Wikipedia article on it, and it seems palms-up pushups are not mentioned. I'm no doctor, but I understand the bicep was made for pulling. Were you also being silly, Tats?
oh you meant palms facing yourself huh. jackie chan did that in "drunken fist". you flip the hand inward and outward as you hop on your hand.
yeah. you're right about biceps being for pulling, but really, when you do push-ups, your biceps are tense!
Ah. I've only seen that movie once... Let me think. Right, something to do with a box on a train. He fought in a steel mill at the end, right? Jackie Chan is a little too slapstick for me. Rarely actually hurts the bad guys. His mom (in the movie) was pretty hot, though. You know...for an older chick. :) Bruce Lee. Bruce Lee is the man. Sometimes Jet Li, but that would be his newer films. He's too nice in his older ones. Kiss of the Dragon is my favorite Jet Li film...Unleashed is a close second.
Haha. I've realized that, too. It's pretty interesting. I was reading about something similar with the legs called Lombard's Paradox. I had to try it out after I'd read it, because I'd never thought about it before. Haha. :D
On second thought... My biceps aren't tense when I do pushups. In fact, they're less tense than when at rest. :)
hahaha um... individual differences? but yes you're right biceps ARE for pulling.
i think its the way i do it. my face dips in more than my hands because i use push-up bars, so my biceps come into action as well.
or its just that I am weird. or YOU are weird. or both of us are.
or both of us are.
Hahaha. There's probably some truth to that, my friend. :)
Post a Comment