Let me tell you about my favorite kind of coffee. (because I have just had one, and my fingers are itchy)
Sometimes I just drink coffee for the caffeine, and when I do, I just chug down a can of Nescafe original (the gold coloured one) since it is the most cost-effective caffeine there is. one can will give me a boost for about 4 hours. (although the half-life of caffeine is approximately 24 hours)
The other times when I want to spoil myself, I drink a caffè latte / Flat White. I think I particularly enjoy the little brown frothy bits between the white cream milk and the black coffee. The other thing about flat white is the temperature. because the hot coffee is mixed with milk, the temperature is bearable for my delicate (more delicate than I would like to admit) tongue.
I could just order a black coffee, but I always end up gazing at the coffee for a while, probably sniffing it, while waiting for it to cool down to a suitable temperature. I feel like I may offend the barista by doing it so I feel a slight tinge of guilt while waiting. It's worse when I am drinking coffee with someone. "why won't you start drinking?" and I would have to be honest and tell them I'm waiting for it to cool (seems very fussy) or I have to make up some silly stories like I'm going to predict my future by looking at the colour change (there is none) of the coffee over time.
so I like my Flat White. it tastes nice, not too hot, and it is simple.
Another type of coffee I prefer is an Affogato. just in case you haven't heard of it (the term itself is kind of younger than me!), it is just ice-cream drowned in espresso.
as you might have guessed it, there is no concern about the hot temperature, and it's a combination of sweet ice-cream and bitter coffee, and cold ice-cream and hot coffee. there is a good equilibrium of hot-cold, sweet-bitter combination and thus I feel like I'm poking at the yin-yang while I'm nudging at the ice-cream floating in the coffee.
In the case of an Affogato, the more bitter espresso the better, and the sweeter the better for the ice-cream. I like to enjoy the hot-cold-bitter-sweet mess before everything becomes a murky sludge that is tepid and chaotic in flavour.
I was about to say something about how my choice of coffee would tell me about me - so I found an article online. go check it out if you may be interested.
http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2013/09/11/what-does-your-coffee-reveal-about-you/
basically I'm a comfort-seeking procrastinator with a child inside... maybe.
People whom used to blog, now people whom I hope are doing well.
- Alex Kua. almost died and came back to life - like a phoenix.
- Amani. and her D: faces.
- Amelia Chan. still a happy sunshine person
- Amelia Foong.
- Amelia Lak.
- Dexter. supports my evil plans.
- Edword Soo. Hard hands, soft heart.
- Evangeline. She gets medicine jokes!
- Fu Xuan. Lazy bugger.
- Germaine. strangely open. Jason is scared.
- Grace. the ultimate guy-girl friend to her close friends.
- He Hui. Now not so loud anymore.
- Isabelle. Has anyone seen her frown? anyone?
- Jason C. his words are overflows of his thoughts, more then emotions.
- Jessica. her stuff goes for vacation.
- Kenny. Specialises in handling balls. I know his real name.
- Lili. Who has a door now.
- Mr.Lawrence. can lose weight very well.
- Paik Hwa. And Her Alter Ego.
- Pia. who needs a new (nice) nickname
- Shannon. Theorised that Atlantic is actually floating in air.
- Suet wei. Now officially a Lawyer.
- my Japanese Blog about health and stuff
- my Japanese blog about life
- Tatsuki's study blog
Friday, February 19, 2016
My choice of caffeine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
As Dr. Durvasula notes, despite the interesting and impressive qualitative research that was gathered “we are no more defined by our coffee orders than we are by our astrological signs.”
I also prefer to *enjoy* my coffee, and since I don't enjoy *painful burning*, I wait for it (or my tea, or hot chocolate--or any other drink prepared hot) to cool. However, I'm not concerned about how slowly (or quickly) I drink it or of what my companions (or the other customers) might think of my coffee drinking (maybe it's the instant coffee drinker in me :p).
Haha. well I know they're as reliable as the Japanese Blood-type personality trait prediction (there is such a thing!)
one of my close friend likes drinking scalding hot coffee. He said the trick is to roll up your tongue and go straight to the throat. reference: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2773211/
There is, however evidence to strongly suggest that high-temperature beverage drinking increases the risk of Esophageal (foodpipe) cancer. So our "waiting" habits are actually good.
Post a Comment